Update: After a quick play to get to Ancient Egypt, I’m pretty sure that this game is the same as the original release on iOS and differs from the China’s release. Added screenshots from the English game as well as one from the China APK for comparison.
Update 2: PvZ2 has appeared on Google Play Store but only for some countries. Check if you’re one of them by going here. Unfortunately, I’m not one of the lucky ones.
I’m a little late with this blog as news broke over a week ago. After the Android release in China, Plants Vs Zombies 2 for Android has now been released in Australia and New Zealand (why there I do wonder). This release is expected to be shortly followed by a wider release worldwide.
Impatient for the worldwide Google PlayStore release? You can always get started by installing the APK from the link below yourself (courtesy of TechBeasts.com)
Installation is pretty straight forward. Although TechBeasts do not list it, I’ll list it here to help anyone who needs it.
1. Download the 160MB rar file.
2. Extract the contents of the file using an unzip program like 7zip or WinRAR.
3. Copy the APK to your phone.
4. Install the APK on your phone (use a File Manager like ES File Manager to locate the APK you just copied over).
5. Copy the com.ea.game.pvz2_row to your phone’s Android\OBB folder.
6. Start the game and enjoy!