With different plans being offered by Maxis and DiGi in Malaysia, it can get confusing as to which plans offer the best prices. With that in mind, I have created a table which shows the minimum cost of ownership for a Galaxy SII over two years which compares available plans. Do take note that I am only listing a few of the comparisons as there can be numerous possibilities like 1 Year with DiGi and 1 Year with Maxis or 1 Year with DiGi and 1 Year with Prepaid, etc etc. It would be very time consuming to try and list down every single possibility. Use this table only as a guide. I am not affiliated with DiGi nor Maxis.
|Plan||Phone Price||Plan Price||Duration||Plan Cost||Total Cost (Phone + Plan)|
|Digi 68(1Y) + 48(1Y)||1599||116||12||1475.52||3074.52|
|Maxis 1.5GB(1Y) + 250MB(1Y)||1599||166||12||2111.52||3710.52|
|Maxis 500MB(1Y) + 250MB(1Y)||1799||146||12||1857.12||3656.12|
– Prepaid plan assumes phone pricing of RM2099.
– Prepaid plan does not take into account additional top-ups.
– DiGi plan does not take into account RM5 rebate for auto-billing.
– DiGi plan does not take into account any charges for calls/sms/mms usage.
– Maxis plan assumes Value First voice plan for all calculation.
– Maxis plan does take into account RM10 monthly rebate for data plan for the duration of the contract.
– Maxis plan does not take into account additional charges for data usage above quota.
– Maxis plan does not take into account additional charges for calls/sms/mms usage above the commitment.
– Maxis and DiGi plans does take into account 6% government tax.
– DiGi 68(1Y) + 48(1Y)’s plan price is calculated as: 68+48 = 116
– Maxis 1.5GB(1Y) + 250MB(1Y)’s plan price is calculated as: (Value First + 1.5GB) + (Value First + 250MB) = (30+78-10) + (30+38) = 166
– Maxis 500MB(1Y) + 250MB(1Y)’s plan price is calculated as: (Value First + 500MB) + (Value First + 250MB) = (30+58-10) + (30+38) = 146